The single biggest cruise promotion of the year is almost here. Sponsored by the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA,) the date to save on your calendar is October 13, 2010.
On this day, you will find savings and special offers from just about every cruise line in the industry. Offers may include reduced deposits, ship board credits or dollars off. It’s a great time for consumers to book to take advantage of the savings. Keep in mind in most cases your cruise deposit is refundable, so you risk nothing in locking in the prices.
Hereâ€™s a sampling of special offers and incentives cruise lines have already announced.
- Carnival Cruise Line Â is offering upgrades on virtually all departures through December 2011.Â To sweeten the deal, Carnival will offer not only best available upgrades, but up to a $200 onboard credit per stateroom for allÂ Carnival Magic Europe voyages booked on October 13.Â The WLCN best available upgrade offer applies to new individual bookings. The Carnival Magic Europe offer includes best available upgrades and a $100 onboard credit per stateroom for seven-day Europe sailings and a $200 onboard credit per stateroom for nine- and 12-day sailings.
- Celebrity Cruises will have a 3 sale (Oct 13-16th,) for cruises sailing April through December 2011.Â For new bookings receiveÂ – onboard credits of $50 per stateroom for oceanview accommodations; $100 per stateroom for veranda accommodations; and $150 per stateroom forAquaClass (only on Solstice-class ships), suites, and Concierge Class.
- Norwegian Cruise Line is offering: up to 4 category upgrade plus reduced deposit plus up to $250 onboard credit per stateroom.
- Disney Cruise Line is offering $100 onboard credit for 14-night transatlantic cruise sailings May 14, 2011 and Sept. 10, 2011,Â $75 onboard credit for 7-night, 10-night and 11-night Mediterranean cruises sailing May 28 through Sept. 3, 2011 and a $50 onboard credit for 7-night Mexican Riviera cruises sailing Sept. 25 through Dec. 11, 2011.
- Royal CaribbeanÂ International is presenting a two-part offer to travel agents for Worldâ€™s Largest Cruise Night on Oct. 13. New bookings in ocean-view or higher category staterooms on select sailings made between Oct. 11 and Oct. 15 get an onboard credit of $25 per stateroom for three- to five-night sailings, $50 onboard credit per stateroom for six- to nine-night sailings, and $100 for 10 nights or longer. In addition, Royal Caribbean is offering two extra Groups Amenities Plus (GAP) points on new group bookings to redeem for additional onboard incentives, such as complimentary welcoming bottle of wine and other additional value items.
If you are thinking of cruising, now is the time to book with all of these special promotions going on.Â I’d be happy to help you plan your dream cruise vacation!
Happy Sailing!!Â 🙂